This position is currently on hold due to COVID-19. However, if you feel you are a good candidate for the role, please feel free send us your details and we will contact you when normality returns.
We are looking to recruit a new Regional Sales Manager to add to the growing team at Sound Network and the wider DPA family. We are looking for someone to take on and manage a large section of our client base in the South of England. The ideal applicant will be driven, highly experienced in professional audio across a broad range of applications and an in-depth knowledge of sound technology and, above all, a real passion for audio. In 2017, DPA Microphones officially acquired Sound Network so we are now part of a larger whole extending all the way to the top of the RCF group based in Italy but spanning the entire international audio industry.
The role will involve managing our existing stable of dealers and expanding the business into new areas, being based both in the office and out on the road. The initial period would be mainly in London to get to know the team and the company, as well as the brands we represent. Extensive product training will be provided in house and directly with our manufacturers, also a vehicle and laptop with all of our sales and inventory management software. The role will be demanding and challenging but will give the opportunity to work with professionals at the very pinnacle of the audio industry.
Sound Network has a reputation for providing the highest quality products and impeccable customer service. The atmosphere in the company is open and liberal but simultaneously driven and professional. This is a company that is chasing growth every year and we are looking for people with long-term ambitions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining accounts, growing the business and hitting targets
- Providing technical support to accounts and end users
- Finding new business, generating new leads
- Outgoing sales calls: following up on campaigns by phone; Generating, chasing and closing quotes or projects
- Maintaining the CRM database and generating new leads
- On-site sales visits/demonstrations
Skills and Experience Required
- A good technical understanding and enthusiasm for audio technology
- Polite & confident manner, comfortable with public speaking and demonstrations
- Experience of working towards and achieving sales targets preferred
- Real-world practical audio experience preferred
- Good Apple Mac & Microsoft Office proficiency
- Filemaker experience would be a bonus
- You have a Full UK driving license
Training and Support
- Full product training will be provided on all the current product range – this will involve visiting DPA Microphones in Denmark to enable you meet the staff and gain important knowledge of the company, their philosophy, product design and performance
- In some cases you may be required to attend distributor meetings for new product releases – these usually take place at major European exhibitions
- Full support will be available in the form of sales tools, literature, demo stock and existing staff
Salary and details
- Full time role: Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends (time off given in lieu) and infrequent evenings may be required
- Salary dependent on experience but will include performance related bonus
- 20 days holiday excluding bank holidays in 1st year, increases after one year
- Company car (post probation) and laptop
- Company Private Healthcare program
- Workplace Pension scheme