Sales & Marketing Assistant / Office Administrator
Sound Network are looking for a new addition to our team based in Kentish Town. The initial role will be largely administrative and support-based, but we are looking for an individual with the skills and ambition to be able to grow into Sound Network and the larger DPA Microphones family.
The role will encompass in-house sales and admin support working in a small team, processing orders and shipping them, inventory management, answering phones and dealing with queries from both existing and new customers. Training will be provided on all the brands we deal with (some of which will involve visiting the manufacturers) and our internal systems, but basic skills on Apple operating systems will be essential as well as a passion for audio in its many business sectors. You will have an essential role in the day-to-day running of the office and the opportunity to grow in the long-term.
Sound Network now constitutes the UK branch of DPA Microphones. While Sound Network are part of a larger corporation, we maintain an efficient and well-formed team. The atmosphere in the company is collegial and liberal but simultaneously driven and professional. This is a company that is growing every year and we are looking for people with long-term aspirations.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answering incoming sales calls, processing and shipping orders
- Maintaining the CRM database, generating new leads
- Ad-hoc sales and marketing team support
- Admin/Office support
- Inventory management
- Chasing unpaid invoices when required
Skills and Experience Required
- An interest in audio technology
- Polite & confident phone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Good Mac & Office skills
- Understanding of physics and knowledge of the industry a bonus, but not essential
Training and Support
- Full product training will be provided on all the current product range. This will involve visiting DPA Microphones in Denmark to enable you meet the staff and gain important knowledge of the company, their philosophy, product design and performance.
- Full support will be available in the form of sales tools, literature, demo stock and existing staff.
Salary and details
- Monday to Friday, with the very occasional weekend (time of given in lieu) or evening
- 20 days holiday excluding bank holidays and Christmas period (increases after 1st year)
- Company work place pension scheme
- Private medical cover