DPA covers all its microphones with a warranty for a minimum of two years, though since 2009 they’ve extended the warranty period on most d:dicate™ Recording Microphones to five years. This also now covers the d:facto Vocal microphone capsules. The DPA Microphones five-year warranty is valid for the following microphones:
- All d:facto™ Vocal microphones with the 4018V or 4018VL capsule
- all d:dicate™ Recording microphones except the 2006 and 2011 variants.
The DPA Microphones Warranty covers:
- Only the microphone
- Mechanical functionality
- Functionality within the product’s documented specifications
Please contact the dealer from which you purchased your microphone and they will send the microphone to the nearest authorised DPA service centre. Failing this, please fill in our Service Form, which can be found here. Then follow the instructions sent to you via email response. We will handle all tests and repairs with DPA Microphones in Denmark directly, and we endeavour to do this as quickly as possible.
If you have a faulty mic that is part of a stereo pair, please send back both clearly marking the faulty mic. Matched stereo pairs that are sent in for repair have to be rematched by DPA, a critical process that only they can do. Same goes for surround-matched kits, which will need to be returned to the factory in Denmark to undergo a multi-match calibration.
If the microphone is covered by the warranty, this service is free of charge. For out-of-warranty repairs, a service fee will apply.
Proof of Purchase – Keep your invoice
Your purchase invoice serves as your product registration. The invoice must state the date of purchase as well as name and serial number of the product to validate the warranty.
Further Terms & Conditions
The DPA Microphones five-year warranty for selected d:dicate™ and d:facto microphones is valid for qualifying microphones bought after Jan. 1, 2009.
The following issues are not covered:
- Faults caused by mistreatment, abuse, wear and tear, alteration or modification in any way (please refer to the User’s Manual)
- Accessories supplied with the product
- Minor faults or deviations in the quality of a product which do not affect the product’s value or fitness for its intended purpose
- The warranty is void if the product serial number has been altered or removed
DPA adapters are covered by warranty for a period of two years. The same procedure applies for adapter repairs as written above.
Sound Network Ltd is the exclusive distributor for DPA Microphones in the UK & ROI.
We offer help and after-sales support and advice for all DPA Microphones, as well as handle all the DPA service queries and cases. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification.
To check if your mic is within its warranty period or request a service case be opened* please fill in the official UK & ROI service form.Service Request
* For microphones bought in the UK or Republic of Ireland only, through official UK & ROI DPA dealers.