The Smart C2 has been designed as the ideal compressor for stereo mix or instrument compression. The C2 features a massive 130dB of dynamic range, external sidechain inputs, 'Crush' mode, fast limit, two audio channels with two independent control panels. A sidechain filter option is also available on request.
The characteristic sound of the Smart Research C2 arises from its inherent fast response time at the onset of compression, which when delayed to occur around the 0.3 to 3 milliseconds mark, results in a window that transients can still pass unhindered. This adds punch to your mix or recording, allowing the sidechain to ‘breathe’ around these transients, while still controlling the overall levels.
Smart C2 CRUSH Mode
The Smart C2 compressor’s CRUSH mode accentuates the natural character of the compressor giving you the capability to achieve exaggerated compression effects and, combined with the fast limit settings, allows for a wider range of applications.
Smart Research C2 circuitry features:
- New generation of Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
- High slew rate amplifiers, with hybrid f.e.t/ transistor inputs (Analog Devices)
- High current push-pull transistor outputs
- Total symmetry throughout signal path
- No electrolytic capacitors used in main signal path
- All inputs and outputs balanced